Tuesday weigh in is tomorrow, but today is the 2 week update. I've been doing pretty well with the food. Not as well as I thought I would. There have been 2 or 3 days on total noncompliance, but overall, I've followed pretty closely to the plan I set out. (see sidebar "simple plan") I need more exercise.
I also wonder how accurate the dang Tanita scale can be. After yoga, I can have 125 pounds of muscle and 31% fat. A morning after going to bed hungry, I can have 112 pounds muscle and 36% fat and weigh 2 pounds less. Huh. Any insights from anyone?
But the numbers looked good today, so I'll take them.
Check your body's Hydration percentages...Mine will be 55.5% in the morning and my bodyfat will show somewhere around 16%. If I do this same routine in the afternoon (and I'm normally hydrated) the hydration percentage is roughly 57-58% and bodyfat is around 12%. Huge difference huh? I would check your figures in the afternoon..before dinner and never after working out (working out throws everything off).
ReplyDeleteps. try the link I left in my comment after yours on my blog...it'll let you know where you stand as well...very accurate. Remember, these things are just tools.
I just looked, you're down 5 pounds in only 13 days? That's huge!!! Are you doing any kind of High Intensity Interval training? If not, you're going to kick yourself for not getting in on them. They absolutely melt bodyfat!
Stay strong
MikeZ
Thanks, Mike!
ReplyDeleteI bought a Tanita scale a while ago and found it quirky as well. I posted about it here. Hope it helps.
ReplyDeletehttp://milesas.blogspot.com/2009/01/tanita-scales.html
MikeZ convinced me to start doing High Intensity Interval training and while they suck (there really is no other nice word to describe it-saying that they stink does not do them justice) while you are doing them, they seem to be working for me. And, best of all, I stopped working out 6 days a week for 40-60 min at a time and now am only working out 3X/week for a total of 45 min each session. They save me a ton of time.
ReplyDeleteNow...5 lbs. in 2 weeks!! Awesome! You are doing great! It's taken months for me to slowly adapt to this way of eating and I'm still working on it.
Thanks, guys! What equipment do I need for HiiT?
ReplyDeleteFeet, shoes, a jump rope is a good tool, and clothing (while encouraged) is optional.
ReplyDeletePrimal Mama is a good source to start with on the High Intensity Intervals since she's recently started doing them.