Saturday, July 11, 2009

I quit

I quit my paleo trial, now I'm back.
Unquit.
I had a big freakout about food, my weight, blogging, yoga. Think it all started when I decided to cancel my membership at the yoga studio due to lack of funds. I do Bikram yoga and love and need it beyond all words. I get crazy in the head when I stop practicing.
It is a long standing pattern of mine to go on obsessive kicks about food, trying to lose the extra fat, then get sick of the obsessing and all the space it takes up in my life, then quit.
I've decided to take up my yoga practice at home (which will be an interesting challenge what with heating and humidifying our bedroom), follow the primal diet, and continue to read your fine blogs and maintain my own.
Thanks for checking in on me and thanks for sticking with the plan. You are all an inspiration.
I'm going to the doctor on July 30th to have my labs checked.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you were getting on! Good to hear from you! Sorry about the yoga, I understand completely. I have had to cancel my gym membership because of lack of funds, but I absolutely refuse to cancel my tai chi sessions, because I love them and they keep me sane so I scrape up the money somehow. I miss the gym but it makes me all the more committed to practising my tai chi. So I understand about the yoga. Keep on with the primal eating - just one day at a time. Believe me life is too short to get obsessive about food. Or anything! I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you and I hope your labs come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend doing primal and she loves it.

    I know what you mean about getting obsessive. I have to keep myself from getting that way with my exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back...thought we'd lost you. There's a ton of stuff you can do without a gym...I prefer going to the gym for some "me" time. All you 'need' is a jump rope, a stability/Swiss ball (optional), and you.

    If you ever need anything, hit me up for info!

    later, MikeZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just wanted to say that it's great to see you back again. I owe you some info on HIIT-give me a couple of days and I'll be sure to get it to you.

    ReplyDelete